The Harvard Corporation Committee on Shareholder Responsibility is the body that can recommend divestment to the Harvard Corporation. Use the form to below to send a short note to the Harvard Corporation Committee on Shareholder Responsibility and tell them: Meet with Divest Harvard immediately.
If you'd like to add more to your message, click "add comment" and adapt as you see fit. Here are some talking points you can use:
- Divestment stigmatizes the fossil fuel industry — it takes away from their immense political influence and paves the way for climate legislation.
- Harvard is now confronted with an historic opportunity to take a stand on climate change, and Harvard should stand on the right side of history.
- If it's wrong to wreck the planet, then it's certainly wrong for Harvard to invest in the wreckage.
- Over 65,000 climate activists from across the country are calling on the Harvard Corporation to pull its investments in the fossil fuel industry.
- Open and public dialogue must be a central part of any university. Your students have asked to meet with you, and they deserve that opportunity.